Roofing estimation software has become the quickest, and easiest way to give estimations. Both roofing and insurance companies have started using software to calculate bids.
I have investigated various software programs and did a lot of research to give you a list of what I believe to be the top best roofing estimation software.
Here is my list of the best types of roofing software for estimations.
Worried About Doing the Work Yourself?
I recommend finding a professional roofing contractor through our trusted partner Home Advisor because they allow you to get up to 4 quotes for free. This allows you to compare and choose the best roofing professional for your needs. Check them out by clicking this link.
Price: $30-$75 per Estimation Report
EagleView estimations can be ordered through their app, or on their website. They also can be found integrated into other “do-it-all” roofing software programs. The aerial imaging makes it easier to measure the roof and give estimations.
Here are some of the features EagleView offers:
- Up to 7 different report types
- High-quality aerial images.
- A 3D diagram of the roof, Length, area, pitch, and other measurement data
- Length diagrams showing color-coded details and total line lengths for ridges, hips, valleys, rakes, eaves, flashing, and step flashing/Notes diagrams
- Waste calculation tables with a Suggested Waste Factor unique to the property
EagleView has better quality images than most of the other options, plus the 3D diagram of the roof is also a great feature.
They offer several different types of reports anywhere from quick measurements to solar panel placement reports.
However, sometimes it takes a couple of days to receive the extensive reports and it can be costly to smaller roofing companies.
Price: $39.50-$58 per Estimation Report
Sky Measure is another software that is similar to Eagle View. I ranked them 2nd because they only offer 4 types of reports residential, commercial, wall reports, and site mapping.
Their simplistic approach carries over to their pricing making it easier for you. They claim an average turnaround rate of 6 hours for their reports. The reports can be ordered through their app or on their website.
Some of their features are:
- Simple pricing
- Quick turnaround
- Comprehensive premium report available
- Friendly, knowledgeable customer support
- Precheck for the image.
- Multi-structure summary, which breaks out the measurements for each structure individually (i.e. house and detached garage.)
- PDF and XML file provided for inclusion into estimating software.
Sky Measure can also be found integrated into other “do it all” software programs.
Software Programs that Use EagleView Or SkyMeasure
There are several “do it all” programs that are integrated with EagleView and/or SkyMeasure.
These are perfect for those who like EagleView or SkyMeasure but want more out of their software.
These other software applications focus on managing every aspect of the roofing process from estimations and bids to clients and employees.
Here is the list of 3 other companies that use EagleView and/or SkyMeasure:
Price: $79.00 – $199.00 per month
RoofGraf is an estimation and reports software for roofers. They offer good quality HD images and Hi-resolution roof measurements.
One difference between RoofGraf and the previous two options is that with RoofGraf, you trace the roof outlines yourself which can make it faster to get your reports.
They have four different pricing options that fit all types of roofing companies.
Anywhere from new roofing companies to fully established corporations. Free trials are available for all their pricing options.
Some of the other features are:
- Allows you to get estimations in seconds
- Automatic roof pitch and roofline types finder
- Custom template builder for your documents
- Automated BOM, costs, labor and profit margin
- Printable reports
- Good-Better-Best side by side comparison
- Material catalog & shingle color display
- Job-status tracking
Price: $100 per month
RooferPro is one of those “do it all” contracting software. I included them in this list because they use their own roofing aerial measuring and estimation software called RoofMeasure.
They offer free measurement reports upon subscription to their all in one software. They also offer a free demonstration so you can test their product.
Some of their features are:
- Aerial Image Integration
- Complete customer tracking throughout the sales process.
- Quick and Easy to make Good, Better, Best proposals
- Updated Features with no additional charge
- Easier to manage sales and track team collaboration
- Manage and track customer and sales relations
- Customize products page to display manufacturer roofing products and your unique prices
- Scheduling features for your team
- Available App
In my opinion, RooferPro’s Aerial Image Integration does not have as good of quality of images as the previous two programs listed.
However, the free software measurements with the monthly subscription is not a bad way to go.
Price: $999.00 per year ($83 per month)
STACK is a roofing estimation software “designed by contractors for contractors”. STACK uses digital plans for measuring and Google Earth for aerial measurements.
For only focusing on estimation and measuring STACK can be a more affordable option depending on how many estimations you make with it.
They allow you to quickly find the areas for pitched and flat roofs using their takeoff tools.
You can set your prices and apply materials like EPDM, TPO, metal, and asphalt to complete your roofing estimations.
Some of their claimed features are:
- Quickly Determine Roof Areas
- Perfect for Any Type of Roof
- PDF, TIFF & Google Earth Compatible
- Pre-Built & Custom Materials Library of Roofing Items
They also allow you to start with a free account that is limited to two projects and 7-day project access.
You can later upgrade to the $999 per year PLUS program, or the $1,799 per year PRO program.
Price: $99 – $490 per month
RoofSnap is a company that believes in good software becoming more affordable with time.
They aim to provide a more affordable solution than their competition.
They offer 4 different pricing options for different levels. The begging level starting out with 5 HD images per month and then going to 200 images per month.
They have two options where you can trace the roof lines yourself or order a report from them.
Some of the features include:
- Unlimited Projects
- Aerial Measurements
- Drone Measurements
- Blueprint Measurements
- Project estimating
- Inspection Pins
- Dynamic Contracts
- Pitch Finding tools
- 3D Viewer (Beta)
- Material Ordering
- 14-day Free Trial
Price: $16-$45 per report
Aerial Estimation is similar to the EagleView and Sky Measure in the sense that you order measurement reports from them.
Aerial Estimation claims to have the fastest reports than any of the competition.
The average report takes about 1 business day to deliver, but they offer a rush delivery option for an extra $15 that averages about 2 hours.
Their reports include features such as:
- Custom Logo
- Overhead photo with outline
- Primary Pitch
- Total Squares
- Length Measurements
- Area Measurements
- Waste Factor Table up to 25%
Price: $129 per month
IRoofing application is not only a roofing estimation tool, but it gives you all the tools that you will need to give a good client presentation.
They have cheaper prices if you sign up for an annual program.
Some of their software features include:
- Measurement Tools that allows you to create your own measurement reports without limit.
- Measurement reports include area, lengths, pitch
- Digital Pitch Book to present your work photos and client’s testimonials
- Roof visualizer allows you to see different colors of shingles on the roof before installing
- Instant Estimator
- Digital Contracts that can be signed on an iPad
- Roofing CRM
Price: $59-$69 per month
RoofNG is a roofing estimation software that allows you to take an unlimited amount of roof measurements.
They use Google-based software to measure hips, valleys, and pitch adjustments.
Some of the features include:
- Professional reports without a wait
- Accurate measurements
- Multi-platform compatible
- Full Spanish version
- 14-day Free Trial
Price: Varies Upon Request
On Center is a software company that develops all types of construction related software. Their roofing software is focused on commercial roofing.
They offer a 14-day free trial to test out their software.
Some of the features are:
- On Center’s Database of roofing materials from top industry names.
- On-Screen Takeoff to calculate surface area, membranes, adhesives, plates, sheet metal, flashing and quantities for layers.
- Quick Bids generated in less than an hour and can easily include last-minute changes.
- Digital Production Control that records all the project data
Sky Measure vs Eagle View? Eagle View offers 3 more report types than Sky Measure for a total of 7 report types. Eagle View’s reports can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a few days to process depending on the report type. Sky Measure averages a 6-hour turnaround rate. Both products are similar in their pricing ranging from $30-$75 per report.
How do you estimate roofing?
- Find the area of the roof per 100 square feet known as a square.
- Calculate the average cost per square to install the roof materials.
- Determine profit margins and waste tolerances.
- Create a professional-looking bid to present total estimation.